Marathon FAQ and Rental Poicies
There are so many questions we receive about renting a car or truck from Marathon Rent A Car . So, this section is full of the details you need to know about rental policies and regulations of Marathon Rent A Car.
First and foremost we are located in Los Angeles and Downey, California - and rentals must be limited to picking up vehicles in California.
- Rates do not include State Tax.
- Rates do not include gasoline, refueling charges, optional Collision Damage Waiver, Personal Accident Coverage, Renters Liability Protection.
- Drivers must have a Valid Drivers License Presented at time of rental.
- A major credit card is required at time of rental.
- Check cards are accepted for deposit to secure rental.
The minimum age requirement to rent a vehicle from Marathon Rent A Car is 25. However Marathon does rent to under 25 years of age with an additional fee of $5 per day. Renters under 21 must provide there own full coverage insurance transferable to the rental car. You Must be 25 years of age to rent luxury, exotic and sport cars.
Acceptable Charge Cards
Marathon Rent A Car accepts all charge cards listed below. The charge card must be in the renter's name.
Driver License Requirements
The following driver's licenses are accepted by Marathon Rent A Car in the United States:
A license issued by any United State, territory, or possession. A Canadian province, a country that participated in the 1949 Geneva Convention on Road Traffic or the 1943 Convention on the Regulation of Inter-American Automobile Traffic or has a reciprocal agreement with the United States.
Child Safety Seats-available with 24 hour advanced booking. The cost of the seat is $5 per day.
Tow Hitches-are available with 24 hour advanced bookings. Restrictions on type of rental vehicle that may tow and what is being towed may apply. Please consult a Marathon Rent A Car agent regarding towing restrictions.
Snow Chains-are not available. Marathon Rent A Car vehicles are equipped with all weather tires.
Insurance and Optional Services
- California law requires that all drivers provide minimum state liability insurance.
- If the renter does not have proof of insurance or we can not verify insurance they may purchase our liability coverage RLP.
- If renter does not purchase Collision Damage Waiver (CDW) they are responsible for full value of vehicle.
- CDW does not cover theft and vandalism.
- Marathon Rent A Car must verify that renter has collision and comprehensive coverage that transfers to Marathon Rent A Car "high end" vehicles.
- We do not sell CDW on exotic cars.
Renters Liability Protection (RLP)
RLP- Which amends the rental contract to include statutorily mandated minimum liability limits so they can legally drive a car in California. Please contact a Marathon Rent A Car agent for RLP daily rates.
Supplemental Liability Insurance (SLI)
SLI amends the rental contract to include excess auto liability coverage up to $1million to cover personal assets. Please contact a Marathon Rent A Car agent for SLI daily rates.
Collision Damage Waiver (CDW)
In California the renter is liable for all damage to a Marathon Rent A Car vehicle including loss that is due to renters fault. The renter is also liable for the loss of use of the vehicle (revenue lost while the vehicle is being repaired).
Renters may purchase CDW which relieves them of all financial responsibility for loss or damage to the Marathon Rent A Car car as long as they comply with the terms of the rental agreement. In California, CDW does not relieve the renter for theft resulting from failure to use ordinary care. Cost of CDW will vary by car, group and rate. Please check with a Marathon Rent A Car agent for details.
If you have rental car coverage through your personal insurance or charge card, CDW offers maximum protection while your personal insurance or charge card coverage may contain a deductible. If you have any questions, check with your insurance provider.
Personal Accident Coverage (PAC)
PAC provides medical expense benefits to the renter and all passengers in a Marathon Rent A Car vehicle. The renter is covered 24 hours a day during the rental for the following:
- $1500 medical coverage for injuries due to an accident
- $250 for ambulance expense
One Way Rentals
- One way rentals are available within the United States.
- One way rentals are based on availability and a one way service charge.
- Check with a Marathon Rent A Car agent for details.
Complete an additional driver form, present a valid driver's license, be at least 21 years of age, and present a Marathon Rent-A-Car honored charge card.
Additional driver Charges
There is a $5 per day charge for additional drivers at Marathon Rent A Car
Rates and Currency
Rates are in U.S. dollars
Marathon Rent A Car also offers special negotiated rates for:
- Meetings, Conventions, Weddings
- Production and Studio Rentals